Tuesday, December 23, 2014

[everyone knows i'm a foodie..]

I went out to a dinner with some friends of ours- a Thai restaraunt near where the friends live. We were actually late because the traffic was really bad.

Anyways,the food was really good-we had two soups to start with-a sweet and sour soup and a won ton soup which was really good.

I had Pad See Ew. Now, there's a story behind my ordering that:A online friend of mine has been raving about how good Pad See Ew is for some time. I'm a creature of habit when it comes to restaraunts,and I tend to order what I like.

This time though,I branched out(and I am glad that I did!) Pad See ew is noodled, big thick wide noodles, eggs,carrots,broccoli,and soy sauce(oh and a protein(chicken, beef, shrimp, etc.) of your choice . I had the shrimp and I really liked it(but I like shrimp anyways-always have!) I would definitely order it again.

We got an interesting lesson in how spicy to order our food-several people had a spice level that was 3 or 4-which  was plenty spicy enough for them but not so much that they couldn't eat it. But I think it varies wildly-you could go somewhere else and order a green curry that is a 2 and it's quite spicy. I remember going to a Thai restaraunt in the Gaslamp downtown where my mom ordered a papaya salad and it was too spicy for her(I, on the other hand would have loved it. I have a high tolerance for spice!)

No comments:

Post a Comment