Wednesday, December 10, 2014

[this rang so true it hurts]

Buzzfeed had a  article "21 signs you spent the 80's worshipping Duran Duran". There were a couple that I could relate to.

1)You and your friends embraced the "Duranie" label. Well, *I* did. Nobody I knew liked Duran Duran.

2)At least one of your bedroom walls was covered with Duran Duran posters In my case it was my closet doors.And they were.

3)You thought you looked good in a fedora Because John Taylor, Duran Duran's bass player wore one. I did -like once or twice-and got goofed on for it so I stopped.

4)Anything you wore was covered in buttons Yep. I remember getting into an argument with one of my teachers about having too many buttons on my shirt. I also had a denim jacket(which every Duranie had-don't ask me why- and yes, one whole side of my denim jacket was covered with buttons-I had *that* many buttons!

And I knew all of the band members' birthdays and their astrological signs,parents' names, their childhood pets' names, siblings' names, *everything*.

Ditto knowing the lyrics to every song(I really did, too-and if a Duran Duran song comes on wherever I am, I usually sing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment