Thursday, December 4, 2014

[holiday traditions]

*I love going to the Hotel Del Coronado at Christmastime to check out the Christmas tree and the outdoor skating rink(we have two outdoor skating rinks around Christmastime-the Hotel Del's and there is also one at Horton Plaza;the proceeds from both go to charity which is really cool.We go in for that here-I think it's because we have a lot of people from other parts of the country,because of the military(Navy and Marine) presence in San Diego.

Balboa Park gets decorated too-except they can't call it "Christmas in the park"-political correctness *sigh* and also the Old Globe puts on  How The Grinch Stole Christmas. I've never been, but I heard it's a LOT of fun.

*Since I'm a foodie, this is one of my favourite times of year. I love to be in the kitchen at Christmastime. I kick everyone out of the kitchen when I cook,though, because it can get too crowded for my liking.

*My mom loves to decorate the house;she always  puts their Christmas tree up right after Christmas. I like seeing how people decorate their houses..We go to this restaraunt-Casa De Bandini-that  decorates the whole restaraunt for the holidays.It's really something to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment