Sunday, December 21, 2014

[organisation:it's a lifesaver]

This time of year, I like to do as many things ahead of time as I can. This has always been a strong suit of mine, but this year it seems like there have been a lot more things done on the fly(not just around the holidays,either!) The holidays can be stressful, but I have found ways of dealing with it pretty well.  This is something I'd like to expand on a bit:

Earlier this year, I started going to therapy again. I was going through a number of rough patches this year. Having someone to  talk about things with is a HUGE help. It's given me perspective.

Like for instance: I do not like to go out when the weather is bad, and I let myself get scared by the local weather men(and women.) However, the last couple of times the weather has been supposed to be "bad" I go out in it. The weather isn't even that bad(just very overcast and maybe I get rained on a little bit which is not such a big deal.)

Now, I don't think I'd think twice about going out in bad weather. And that, for me, is a BIG win. I eventually want to be able to be at a point where I have mostly conquered most of my fears.

Anyhow, I think that making time for myself, and doing things ahead of time are a big help for me-and I can go  to my therapist in January and say "I had a really good Christmas".Funnily, enough, sometimes I think that I won't have anything to talk to him about, but I always do!

No comments:

Post a Comment