Tuesday, December 9, 2014

[what i'm reading]

Just finished reading The Midnight Queen by Sylvia Izzo Hunter-really good-a sort of AU(alternate universe) book set in a proto Regency England(the comparison that I would make is to The Golden Compass  by Philip Pullman-it's very similar.) It took me a while to read, and that's even with me reading every chance I get(waiting for the bus, on the bus, at my favourite coffee house.)

I'm just starting my 51st book for the year(so I made it to 50-the 50 Book Challenge goes from January 1st to December 31st..and I've finished it with 3 weeks to spare. I'm starting Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. I haven't read a lot of his stuff, but I LOVED what I read of his(American Gods)

One  trend that I would love to see end:Dystopic books, especially the YA(Young Adult) ones. There are *way* too many of them right now. It amazes me that the whole mashup genre(classics-Little Women And Werewolves was a particularly barrel scraping moment)lasted as long as it did.

And now everyone wants to be the next George R.R. Martin.. with varying degrees of success, I might add.


No comments:

Post a Comment