Monday, December 8, 2014

[weekend report, december 5-7]

Friday: I went to UTC(University Town Center) -my favorite shopping centre.

Saturday:I went to Barnes And Noble. Wrapped gifts(well, more like I threw them in gift bags. I don't do wrapping. )We went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner.I ordered chicken fettuccini  which was pretty ho-hum.

Sunday:We went to IKEA so my mom could get a Christmas present, then to Coronado to see the Hotel Del Christmas tree. We drove along the Strand which ends at the border between the U.S. and Mexico. You also  go right by the Navy SEAL training centre on that drive. They don't advertise that  it's there, but it's a known thing. Coronado, or North Island,is home to a large Navy base.) Then we went to Miguel's which is right across the street from the Hotel Del.

One of the reasons I love going to Coronado(apart from the  Hotel Del tree and the Del itself and Miguel's) is Bay Books which is a great indie bookstore. It's the sort of place which has employee recomendations written on notecards. Looking around, and reading the cards, I have to say that I agree with their taste in books :)

No comments:

Post a Comment