Wednesday, September 10, 2014

[good eats]

My parents and I went to Tip Top  Meats on Sunday. I've been there for breakfast and for lunch but never for dinner.  My mom ordered meatloaf(she wound up putting a lot of it in a to-go carton), my dad had a sort of smothered pork chop and I had a New York Strip Steak with all the trimmings(including sauerkraut which was amazing..I seriously have never tasted anything like it!) and a beer(I chose a tangerine wheat beer which was REALLY good!)

Oceanside,where I live, is beer central Actually, San Diego in general is known for its beer. But Oceanside has a ton of brew pubs, with more opening every day. I wonder how many of them Oceanside can actually support-sure, Oceanside is a big town and we have a lot of people here for the summer and of course we have the marine base  -and there are people who come to Oceanside for the day(and who can blame them!)

If anything, I would like this area to have some more  variety in restaraunts(we have a restaraunt that serves Peruvian style chicken-something to do with the spices they use on the chicken I believe), because there are plenty of breakfast places, and lunch places(and combinations of both). I can leave most of the taco shops in town(though Anita's, which is within walking distance of my house) is REALLY good-I have never been disappointed by anything that I've had there.

I love Ruby's(and yes, I know it's a chain..I love Johnny Rockets for the same reason though I don't get to hit up a Johhny Rocket's that often, and  I take advantage when I do..)

No comments:

Post a Comment