Wednesday, September 17, 2014

[you know it's hot when...]

I am staying at a hotel. For the second night in a row. I could have a zillion fans and a/c going in my house and it wouldn't cool anything down.Like ever. It's been like this for a couple of days but yesterday and today were,by far the worst days. I don't do well in the heat-I know this about myself. But the heat we've been having is just BAD.

At least for the first few days of it there was a breeze at night and the combination of that and the a/c made it bearable(though I did have to sleep in the living room).But last night(and probably tonight too)...no. Not.Gonna.Freakin' Happen.

It's supposed to be better tomorrow. I hope to god so. You know, our weather hasn't really been that hot this summer(though we did have that heatwave combined with brushfires. in May.That was a lot of fun.[/sarcasm] The problem is is that there have been several Pacific hurricanes(yes we get them-they start out  in Mexico and move-slowly- up the coast..which are so far reaching that we get the effects(heat and humidity) from them for several days before they weaken or move or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment