Thursday, September 18, 2014

[the new fall tv season]

I watched two of the new fall shows, Red Band Society and The Mysteries Of Laura last night. I liked both of them, though, interestingly,both have gotten some so-so reviews. This is going to be a spoiler-free review(in case you want to watch both of the shows online or on demand).

Red Band Society is about a bunch of kids who are in a paediatric  hospital, each with their own set of issues to deal with. They adult characters, especially Dave Annable's  character, and Octavia Spencer, who plays Nurse Ratched(but with a heart of gold). I am looking forward to seeing where they go with it.

 The Mysteries Of Laura stars Debra Messing, who I've always been neither here nor there on, if we're being honest. But I quite like her in this show. There are enough twists and turns to keep it interesting(there were two in the first episode-one which I didn't expect-didn't figure it out 'till the  end, and one, involving her husband that was a touch predictable.)

Also, I saw a lot of people complaining about the kids on the show-that they're kinda unnecessary. I disagree. But it would be nice to have them in smaller doses.

Interestingly, both Red Band Society and The Mysteries Of Laura are both based on Spanish TV shows.

I'm not really planning on reviewing many of the new shows..I think I'm going to watch Selfie and Blackish, but that's it. And I'm going to watch the premiere of Bones next week and blog about it-whether it's still worth watching or not. Their season finale last year was terrible. Luckily the Hannibal  season finale aired not long after and it got the bad taste of the Bones finale out of my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment