Thursday, March 12, 2015

[Adding it to my list of must-see cooking/food movies]

My parents and I watched The Hundred Foot Journey tonight. I really liked it..of course, I love Indian food(of which there was a lot in this movie-it all looked SO delicious!).I also liked the story a lot-a Indian family shows up in an French village and people aren't quite sure what to think of them(and of the food-not like it's a big city like,say, Paris).But people LOVE their food(there are various bumps in the road along the way, though..I normally don't mind giving out spoilers but if I am reccomending a movie or TV show to someone I try to keep it relatively spoiler free.)

Also?It's got Helen Mirren,IMO Helen Mirren can do no wrong.I love her in everything I've seen her in.

It's one of my new favourite cooking movies, right up there with Julie and Julia(what I liked about Julie and Julia was that they made Julie a lot nicer in the movie..in the book she's not a very likeable person but the book is so well written you can look past it.

The other really good food movie is Mostly Martha.It's a German movie(which got a American remake called No Reservations-not to be confused with the Anthony Bourdain book and show.)

No comments:

Post a Comment