Tuesday, March 3, 2015

[Last Man on Earth/Broadchurch S2]

Finally watched the first 2 episodes of Last Man On Earth today..I LOVED it. Admittedly, when I heard the premise for the show,I was like "yeah..no thanks" because the apocalyptic thing has been overdone

But this, this I liked. Will Forte plays the titular Last Man(though, as he finds out, he's not the last person on earth..he meets Carol-well, discovers her existence-just as he's about to kill himself. She gets on his last nerve, but they need each other,for what it's worth.

I have this strange feeling that there may be more survivors than we're being lead to believe. We saw  a flashback, but it wasn't clear how long ago it was meant to be-I'm hoping we'll get a flashback to before everything went to shit(the apocalypse was caused by a pandemic of some sort)

Apparently the ratings weren't the best. Fox(among other networks)want a hit show desperately.
Problem is,they greenlight all these shows, get them filmed, and..they're crap.And it's a whole lot of recycled ideas. Remakes of shows(Hannibal gets a pass because it's actually GOOD-and that's not just me saying that because I'm a Fannibal. Ok, maybe a little :P

In other news, Season 2 of Broadchurch starts tomorrow on BBC America.I am very curious to see where they go with plotlines this season, given that the reveal of Olivia Colman's character's husband(got that?) being the killer was a gut punch. Matter of fact, I would say it is as much of a gut punch as Hannibal's S2 finale.


No comments:

Post a Comment