Tuesday, March 31, 2015

[Nothing I can do..a total eclipse of the..moon]

I love lunar eclipses. Actually, I love 'em...just don't love that the vast majority of them are at asscrack thirty in the morning,LOL. The last two I got to see,which were a thrill-the most recent one I woke up in the middle of the night and something was compelling me to go outside and look up and I did-and was not disappointed!

So there's *another* lunar eclipse early Saturday morning, at(you guessed it)asscrack thirty.I'm going to camp outside,I've got a tent and an airbed and some warm blankets(though the weather's been pretty mild here which is a good thing.)

There are some interesting coincidences too(which freak people out-more about that in a minute!).The eclipse coincides with/is around the same time as Good Friday,Passover, *and* Easter. That's kinda neat to have all the holidays right in a row-I don't think that happens all that often given that they're all moveable feasts(to say nothing of Lent.)

This freaks some people out. I really don't understand how people equate the eclipses-or "blood moons" as some sort of bad thing. Because all of the blood moons are on Jewish Feast days and this has some sort of significance,I guess? Not really sure how people came to these conclusions and I'm too busy/have better things to do with my life than Google all of the particulars.

Imma get a bit controversial right now, so if you are easily offended, quit reading:

I think there are a LOT of people that take the Bible VERY literally.They are-I'm sorry-incapable of rational thought.

(In the movie The Seventh Sign, one of the characters asks a minister about the signs that foretell the end of the world(he has seen the moon turn  blood red-which was,without doubt, a lunar eclipse.) The minister tells him,basically,that there is a rational explanation for everything that's going on-which is true enough.)

There's other things that can cause red moons, like smoke and dust in the air.The moon is also a darker colour when it is low on the horizon, as when it is rising or setting.For people to see it as some sort of ominous portent is, in my opinion, ridiculous.

Wow..this turned into waaay more of a soapbox that I wanted it to but I thought it should be said.

No comments:

Post a Comment