Sunday, March 22, 2015

[just..wtf]

I  really could do without some of the snippy comments that people on the Cruise Critic Holland America boards make. Bitching on the Sailaway threads because the Holland America ships are not leaving first?Really? Well, if there are a lot of ships in port(which it sounded like there were, today) then there is a certain order that the ships have to leave in. Not sure why people would take things like that so personally, but.. ok.

The other thing that mystifies me is the Dive In(right outside of the Lido on most of the ships.) Not anything special(hot dogs, hamburgers, etc.) but the way that a lot of people rave about their food you would think it's haute cuisine.And it's not. There are(thankfully) plenty of people saying "what's so special about this?"

I feel that way about the pillow chocolates the stewards leave every night. Quite frankly, they are not any great shakes( I think they're waxy crap. Holland America could do a whole lot better when it comes to chocolate, if we're being honest. Princess had REALLY good pillow chocolates-they were a lot better than Holland America's!)

Sometimes I wonder about the tastebuds of people that cruise on Holland America-I have heard more than one person say that they don't like the desserts. REALLY?!? I have yet to be disappointed by a dessert on Holland America-that is one area that cruise lines excel.

(It could be that these people  limit themselves to sugar-free desserts.Somehow I doubt, it, though.) The sugar-free stuff I stay away from;if I am gonna have dessert I want to enjoy it;plus the sugar free stuff is hard on my stomach.)

Trying to think of what dessert it would be possible for the chef on a cruise ship to screw up and I can't really think of anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment