Tuesday, March 24, 2015

[Hannibal news!]

*The first episode is going to take place over 4 different time periods. This I am really excited about. I don't know if it will be in the first episode, but I am looking forwards to seeing Zachary Quinto as Bedelia's patient. I think perhaps that episode might do a lot of jumping around in time, to answer  the questions that we have about Bedelia and Hannibal running off together.

*Episode 8(the time jump episode-the second time jump episode-)is called The Great Red Dragon. So they're not sticking with the food titles for the whole season.

*I have/had a lot of skepticism about 2 time jumps-I think they can be overused-and I think there are a lot ot TV show writers that do it too much-I don't think this is the case with Hannibal. Two time jumps and, it would seem, quite a few flashbacks.

I think that since, inititally, we're getting a year time jump ,it makes sense to have flashbacks,especially given the way  Season 2 ended(Fannibals,after Mizumono was over: "Wait, what?!?") Also, we're getting flashbacks in episode 4(which follows on from what happened after Mizumono ended) which is good,I'm glad we're going to see the direct fallout from what happened. It's a bit of a cheat otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment