Saturday, March 14, 2015

[Really digging Dig]

The USA series Dig, which stars Jason Isaacs, is a couple of episodes in, and  I am enjoying it immensely.It's The Da Vinci Code with  a  big helping of end of the world stuff. It's way more entertaining than I'm selling it as. I don't usually do spoilers but imma put some spoilery thoughts behind a cut(spoilers, obviously..)

At first, the disparate locations(Norway, New Mexico, Jerusalem-and it was actually filmed in Jerusalem)don't seem to be in any  way related but they are.In the first episode we're sort of teased as to what is going on.

 I have more than a few questions about Josh,the kid who has been raised in the cult-I have a sneaking suspicion -that he may be a clone. It has  something to do with the fact that he escaped from the cult compound(being the-spoiler-Messiah-his feet are not allowed to touch the ground. This  falls under the  category of eschatology-which I am not up on at all-something about it corrupting him I think-there was an episode of Millenium where a baby who was being groomed to be the Messiah was not allowed to  walk on the ground. Escapee Josh was killed,but yet there he was back at the cult compound. How many of him are there?Is  this like Orphan Black?

Also?Pretty sure that most bar mitzvahs do not end with a animal sacrifice like Josh's.And they sure as hell don't say "Praise Jesus!".So the theology's not great, but I can look past it. At the least, it's a mish-mosh of faith traditions. :P

We know that the girl  Jason Isaac's character meets(but who later winds up getting killed) reminds him of his daughter.They've only hinted at what happened to his daughter.I'm sure the reveal of that is to come in a future episode.)

No comments:

Post a Comment