Wednesday, March 18, 2015

[San Diego places]

Yesterday we went down to the Natural History Museum to see the exhibit on King Tut(If you're in San Diego or are going to be in San Diego) it's well worth the price of admission.)Plus,the Natural History museum excells in a lot of areas. If you're not familiar with the area(we had a couple of people in our group-it was me, my mom and dad, my brother and my niece and 2 of my nephews(one of whom was taking the day off school.)

Normally,I would have a problem with that(I'm a big believer in getting a good education!),but since it was educational, I was cool with it!

I love going down to Balboa Park-there were a lot of people down there even though it was a Tuesday afternoon. I noticed that there were people up in the bell tower(they just opened up the bell tower which is right next door to the Museum Of Man.(you have to book your tickets to go up in the bell tower ahead of time which I get-they don't want a bunch of people up there-google it and you'll see why!)

There are so many great museums(my favourites, in no particular order: Fleet Space Center, Museum Of Art, and the Natural History museum.)


Also, there's the Old Globe theater-which is actually 3 theaters, one of which is a open-air theater.That's where they do Shakespeare plays in the summertime(I always go to one of the Shakespeare plays-I alternate-one year I go to a tragedy and the next I'll go to a comedy.)

There's lots of open spaces in the park-the park is right next to a bunch of canyons-it would be easy to start hiking in one of the more remote areas and get lost.

My dad and I always park across the Cabrillo bridge(again, google it!) when we go to the Old Globe and walk it. On summer nights, it's really nice, and they have these lights strung up on the bridge(except a lot of them are always burnt out,lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment