Wednesday, March 4, 2015

[News/meta post!]

There was more casting news-Zachary Quinto is playing Bedelia's patient-the one who swallowed his tongue-o I'm guessing  that is going to be a flashback of some sort.

Surprised that TVLine didn't get the exclusive-usually they do-but it was Entertainment Weekly this time.

I have a feeling that flashbacks are going to be a big part  of S3-we're getting the flashbacks to the aftermath of the finale in episode 4, and there is also going to be a flashback with Abel Gideon, among others.

Now, I haven't really said how I feel about the 2 time jumps in one season. At first I didn't get that it was a way to move the story along(I', not a big fan of time jumps and a lot of the time I think they're done out of writer laziness more than anything else.

That's not the case here.If they really *are* trying to fit all of Red Dragon into S3,then yeah, it makes sense. I'm hoping that they vary from the book quite a bit-in terms of Will's scar, as an example.

Given that Chilton is going to have a scar that is reminscent of Ed Harris in A History Of Violence, it seems like.searches  for a word and settles on "doubling up".They could have Will get the scar, but  have it be fixable to where you could hardly tell.

I know a lot of people want to see the Will/Molly wedding but as I said before..they want to move the story along.I mean,I get it.There are people who want to see Will have 2 seconds of happiness before everything goes to shit again. I understand that, too.

What will be interesting is the relationship between Will and his stepson Walter(Will in the book, Josh/Kevin in the films).In the book, their relationship is fairly antagonistic.I feel like if something were to happen to Molly, there would be a custody battle between himself and Walter's grandparents.

In the books, Willy/Walter's grandparents do not like Will very much.Willy is their only connection to their late son, which is fine,but they *really* can't begrudge Molly her happiness with someone new? A lot of that probably has to do with not wanting Willy/Walter to forget  about his real dad. I seriously do not think Will or Molly would let that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment