Thursday, March 26, 2015

[I'm not even a parent but this hits close to home]

I don't understand the whole "C sections are the worst thing EVAR!!" mentality that some people have, and why anyone who has a C-section(especially if it's *medically* necessary-particularly if it's medically necessary and not just because the doctor is in a hurry) is less of a mother because of it.

Lemme tell you a story:

17 years ago tomorrow, my sister-in-law went into labor(prematurely) with her first baby, my nephew Spencer. It turned out that he was breech, and had to be born via  C-section.Apart from being a preemie, and a few health issues because of that, which were minor, he was fine.

*Sometimes* they can flip the baby but it's painful, and also, it doesn't always work.

Yeah, I feel strongly about this.

(I kinda feel the same way about home birth-it's definitely taking a risk, and it's not for everyone. I did a report on home birth for health class when I was in high school.)

My conclusion: I wouldn't do it myself, but I understood why people would choose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment